Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Top 10 Halloween Treats for Toddlers


Halloween is great. I love it and have fond memories of trick-or-treating with my family and trying to get as much candy as possible. When I was a kid, though, I never ate the candy except for a few pieces on Halloween night. I was the "save it for later" type personality and would keep the candy till the next Halloween or until my mom would find it and throw it out. (See I was having my own competition between me and my sisters of who could get the most candy and keep it the longest - I won every time! HAHAH!)


Last year as we went trick or treating with our then 3 yr old and 1 yr old so many people would give my older one an extra piece of candy. "For your brother" they'd say. I'd say "Thank you" but in the back of my mind be thinking "What in the world? I'm not giving this to my 1 yr old. And I can't let my 3 yr old have twice as much candy. Especially since she did not inherit my "save it for later" personality." So friends, I've come up with a toddler friendly list of Halloween Treats. Give them out to the trick or treaters who are too little for all that candy. Most of these can be bought at the dollar store.


Top 10 Halloween Treats for Toddlers:



  1. Bubbles! You can buy large packs of wedding bubbles at the dollar store. This is a great item they can enjoy as they're being pushed in the stroller or toddling along trick or treating.

  2. Play-dough. Look for the packages with tiny canisters.

  3. Stickers. Any stickers will do from animals to Halloween themed. They'll be tickled pink sticking stickers on themselves...on you...on their stroller.

  4. Coloring page with a few crayons. Buy the largest box of crayons from the dollar store and bundle 2 or 3 crayons from the box with ribbon. Then hand them out with a small picture for the kids to color. Google Halloween coloring pages or any familiar character (Dora, Diego, etc) and print out a bunch.

  5. Temporary Tattoos

  6. Super bouncy balls. I haven't known a toddler that doesn't like balls.

  7. Healthier Foods like individual cracker packages, juice boxes, or pretzels.

  8. Glow in the dark sticks, necklaces, or bracelets. Again this is something that will occupy them as they're trick or treating with their older siblings (if they have them), helping mom and dad stay happy.

  9. Noisemakers like kazoos, harmonicas, plastic flutes.

  10. Novelties like spider rings, plastic bugs, army men, dinosaurs, etc.

0 comments: