Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mosquito Bites Drive Me Bananas

I read somewhere that banana peels help bug bites not itch. I got a couple of mosquito bites while grilling tonight and I thought, "meh, why not try it out?" So I took the slimy side of the peel and rubbed it on the bites. IT WORKED! It wasn't instantaneous but after a few moments it stopped itching. Banana peels. Whoda thunk?  Of course now I have dried banana slime on my leg BUT they don't itch.   So if you or your baby suffered many a bug bite this weekend (or for future reference) give him a banana and rub the peel on his bites. 

2 comments:

Catherine Vlasto said...

Yes! We have tried that one as well, it does work, or just eat bananas, it works as well. We also use Lavender Essential oil, it takes the itch away instantly! Great tip!

June 1, 2011 at 3:43 AM
BChandler said...

Ooooh thanks for the tip on the Lavender too! Bet that smells wonderful. Banana peels are supposed to help with poison ivy too. I hope to never find out first hand but I think bananas will be my new essential item when I go camping. :)

June 1, 2011 at 5:38 AM